Friday, September 30, 2011

31 Days....

You may remember me mentioning a certain blogger hosting a little something called 31 Days of....
Well, it starts tomorrow.  And for the next 31 Days, I will be writing about anything my little heart desires.  My topic for the next 31 days?  Well, if you're wondering why you haven't heard from me lately it's because I've been praying for God to lay a topic on my heart.  One that I can write from the heart about....one that I can encourage and inspire others with....one that I could easily relate to.  It hit me last Wednesday night in church.  So...


Am I nervous?  You bet.  Do I know just how I'm going to pull this off?  No, but I have faith that He led me here and He will see my through.  Have I been at battle about this?  You bet.  Have I eaten a lot of chocolate?  Yes and will continue to do so until October 31st.   In fact I'm eating some now.  Have I changed my mind 100 times, telling myself that I'm not as good as this blogger or this blogger or this blogger?  Yes.  Did I then tell the enemy to stop whispering lies in my ear, to get behind me and did I get over myself?  Yes, as a matter of fact I did!

So, just how does this work?  Well, this incredibly lovely blogger named The Nester writes every October for 31 days on one topic.  Last year, she invited 7 other bloggers to join her.  This year, she is linking up with anyone who wants to join her!  And, I've accepted the challenge and made it a big goal for me.  

Why write on God's promises & truths?  Well, I'm not gonna lie....it's sort-of because there are approximately 7,000 of them in the Bible so 31 days + 7,000 promises....you do the math.  And, the words God's Promises really just appeared to me one night...in my head, heart, mind, ears.  I can't explain it except that it was totally a Holy Spirit thing.

Can you join in?  Absolutely, just click on over to The Nester's blog to read more about it and link up!

I look forward to growing this month and sharing some life experiences with you as well as God's promises and truths.

On another note, I feel really legit now.  I have a dot.com and I am so thrilled!  At this very moment (and for the past couple of weeks prior to this very moment), someone has been working very hard to switch my blogspot blog over to a Wordpress blog.  I've been wanting to do it for some time and I feel so blessed that someone was willing to help me get it all switched over because signing on to Wordpress is like entering into a foreign country to me!  I'm not going to share the dot.com address or the new site with you just yet because it's not quite finished (talk about last minute... I know, that's just how I roll), but hopefully it will be up tomorrow, just in time for the start of 31 Days of writing!  I'm super excited about all this and honestly a little overwhelmed!  But, mainly excited.  ;)

I'll give you more information on that as soon as I'm able, but for now keeping visiting me here and please come along for the 31 Days ride!
 


Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At October 3, 2011 at 8:06 AM , Anonymous Brandy said...

I am going to love this series b/c it means every morning I'll have a new post on my google reader! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home