Friday, September 16, 2011

Random Things On My Mind....

Since I'm in no position to be organized, this is going to be totally random thoughts I want to document or share.  Happy Friday!

:: I'm so excited about this weekend.  I get more excited about my kids' birthdays than I do mine. 

:: When I stop to think about the fact that I have a little big boy who is turning 4 and a tiny little girl that is turning 2, I tear up.

:: Even though it was hard the first 6 months...ok, the first year...I'm really glad they are 2 years and 2 weeks apart now.  I love that they play together and never fight....yet.

:: I have the sweetest moment etched in my mind forever --- yesterday we were walking around the neighborhood and the kids were in front of me, side by side.  It was quiet and we were just walking.  Their hands brushed against each other.  Without saying anything, just totally natural to both of them, they reached out and held each other's hand.  My heart seriously melted.  Like, I felt my heart actually do something.  Maybe skip a beat, sink...perhaps my heart was hurting.  I don't know, but something happened inside of me and I just couldn't hold back the tears.  So many emotions.  If there was one time I wish I had my camera, it was that moment.

:: Taz is really into his Cars 2 sticker book.  And by that I mean he eats, sleeps, breathes it.  Lately, when JT leaves to go run an errand, he'll stop at the dollar store and get him a pack of Cars 2 stickers to go in his book.  They are both collecting them all.  :)  Yesterday as JT was leaving the house to go to the bank, Taz yelled out: "Bye-bye Daddy!  Be a sweet boy....go get some Cars 2 stickers...."

:: Liz got in bed with us at 5:00 am one morning.  All was well and all was quiet until....she passed gas.  In the sweetest, almost 2 year old, tiny little girl voice she said: "Excuse yoooou."

:: This birthday bash is probably the one I've spent the least amount of time/money on and it's going to be my absolute favorite!  It's amazing how cute and functional you can make things you already have!  So excited for the kids.  I think I'm more excited than they are!  ;)

Happy weekend!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At September 16, 2011 at 7:57 PM , OpenID wallacefamilyblog said...

I cant wait to see it all put together! I know it will look fabulous!

 
At September 17, 2011 at 12:30 PM , Blogger Between You and Me said...

love that they reached out to hold hands.....
hope they get along forever.
mine don't always now that they're older, but when they do.....oh, how sweet it is!

 
At September 20, 2011 at 7:11 AM , Blogger Tiffany said...

Love Birthdays!! Have fun!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home